Weed Tea: Recipe and health benefits
Marijuana enthusiasts all over the world are surely acquainted with all the buzz about weed tea. The ever increasing popularity of cannabis tea can largely be attributed to the fact that it comes with loads of health benefits. In today’s post, we are going to discuss some easy weed tea recipes to make your self-isolation time an enjoyable one and also discuss some of the health advantages of drinking it.
Weed Tea: Recipe#1
Cannabis Weed Tea
Things you will need:
Making the perfect weed tea is a fairly simple task but make sure that you have the following items handy.
– A gram of weed
– One liter of water
– Pan with lid
– Power or liquid coffee creamer
Step by step guide to making cannabis tea:
1. The first thing you need to do is boil two cups of water.
2. Now add the gram of weed directly to the water.
3. Lower the flame and let it simmer for at least 10-15 minutes.
4. Now strain the concoction and ensure that all the leaves are removed.
5. Pour the tea into a clean and sealable container and add a spoonful of the creamer. This will make sure that the cannabis stays in your solution and also increase its potency and give it a proper consistency.
Your weed tea is now ready to be consumed. You can store it in your fridge for 5-7 days. Although it comes with a peculiar taste, you can always add a dash of honey and mint for a bit of flavour.
Weed tea Recipe #2
Cannabis tea with cannabis coconut oil
Adding a hint of cannabis coconut oil to your weed tea will not only add it its taste but also enhance the health benefits. Cannabis coconut oil is rich in anti-oxidants and comes with anti-inflammatory properties and when mixed with tea it is sure to calm your nerves, make you feel relaxed and give you a good night’s sleep. Here is the recipe:
Things you need:
– One tablespoon of cannabis coconut oil
– A cup of coconut milk (preferably without sugar)
– 1 cinnamon stick
– A tiny piece of fresh turmeric
– A small piece of unpeeled ginger
– One tablespoon of honey
– A few whole peppercorns
– Cinnamon powder for garnishing
Step by step guide to making weed tea with cannabis coconut oil
1. Take the coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, honey, turmeric and peppercorns in a small pot and whisk it thoroughly.
2. Now add a cup of water to the pot and boil it.
3. Lower the flame and add the cannabis coconut oil.
4. Simmer for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Strain the concoction into a mug and add a hint of cinnamon powder before serving.
Health Benefits of weed tea:
You already know how to make a calming cup of weed tea at home. Now let’s come to the reasons why you need to drink it once in a while. Marijuana tea is one of the healthiest beverages you will find since it is full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Moreover, you can always decide on putting something extra in your cannabis tea to make it all the more healthy and tasty. Keep reading to find out how marijuana tea can enhance your health and wellbeing.
1. Cannabis tea works great against pain and inflammation
People who are suffering from arthritis, migraine, neuropathic pain or any other form of chronic pain should consider drinking weed tea. All you need to do is use a THC or CBD rich strain according to your preference and the active ingredients of the buds will be absorbed by your digestive system. Within 90 minutes from the ingestion, you can notice a marked reduction in your pain. Cannabis beverages come with long-lasting effects and it can also help to alleviate the pain related to cancer, multiple sclerosis, AIDS and rheumatic arthritis.
2. Reduces depression and anxiety
Weed infused tea will give you much-needed relief from stress, anxiety and depression which are the worst side-effects of the 21st-century life. Sit back on your couch and sip on a cup of weed tea when you get home from work for an enjoyable buzz which is going to make you forget all your depression and anxiety. Moreover, it also ensures a good night’s sleep although that depends on the strain being used for preparing the tea.
3. Improves lung health
A research conducted at Harvard University suggests that the THC in weed helps to reduce the growth in lung cancer by 50%! So if you are looking forward to enjoying the health benefits of your favourite weed strain without smoking it then consider making your weed tea at home.
4. Relieves gastrointestinal problems
Cannabis has a proven history of providing gastrointestinal relief. It can work wonders on people experiencing nausea and lack of appetite. It can help you combat conditions such as diarrhea, stomach cramps, bloating and constipation. Patients of IBS, Crohn’s diseases and other gastrointestinal disorders are known to have benefited extensively from marijuana consumption. It improves your appetite and lessens the discomfort as soon as it starts taking effect. Drinking weed tea is the best way to alleviate your gastrointestinal symptoms because the cannabinoids are being directly absorbed by your guts.
5. Weed tea prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s
According to recent researches, small doses of THC high cannabis strains can slow down the creation of beta-amyloid proteins which is indicative of Alzheimer’s Disease. Although more studies are being carried on in this field, it can safely be stated that weed can be an important factor in slowing down and even preventing the onset of Alzheimer’s. Moreover, its neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties can also be greatly helpful for patients of Alzheimer’s.
Lastly, it needs to be stated that your weed tea is only as good as the strains you’re using. So choose your strain according to the effects you are trying to go after. Now just find a reliable online dispensary, select your desired strains and place an order.