CBD Facts, Information & Health Benefitsspeedgreens
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the chemical components found in hemp and cannabis plants. Unlike THC, which has psychoactive effects, CBD has purely non-psychoactive, medical effects when consumed. Cannabidiol is often extracted from plants for use in various medical products, such as oils, topicals, edibles, and many other forms. It’s becoming increasingly popular as a medical treatment and health supplement, and everyone should educate themselves on the CBD facts, information, and health benefits.
There are many different reasons to use CBD. Some use it to treat medical symptoms such as pain, anxiety, and seizures. Some use it to help prevent the risk of conditions such as diabetes, cancer, and neurological disorders. It can also be used as a general day-to-day supplement to reduce stress, get better sleep, and improve your overall health.
It also comes in various different forms. Some use oils which are consumed sublingually. Others might prefer to vape CBD products. All of these methods are safe and effective, hence why CBD products are so popular. There are also differences between CBD products. For instance, whether they’re derived from cannabis or hemp and whether they’re full spectrum or CBD isolate products. There’s a lot to learn about CBD, so here’s a guide to the CBD facts, information, and health benefits to help out.
What Is CBD?
Hemp and cannabis plants contain many different cannabinoids. When these are extracted and consumed, these chemical compounds have many different effects on the body. The two most commonly used cannabinoids are THC and CBD.
While THC is known for giving you psychoactive effects, otherwise known as getting you high, CBD has no psychoactive effects. However, it still has many positive effects on the body, making it highly useful as a medical supplement.
How Does CBD Work?
Much like other cannabinoids, CBD effects the body in many ways, hence its use as a medical treatment.
CBD causes various reactions in the endocannabinoid system. When you consume CBD, it attaches to cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body. These receptors have effects on your memory, cognition, emotion, immune system, central nervous system, and a lot more. Hence, when you take CBD, you’ll get various health effects such as pain relief and reduced anxiety.
Much research has been carried out into CBD and its effects. Despite the powerful benefits it can have for your health, it’s safe and risk-free. It doesn’t have harmful side effects and can’t cause addiction or overdose. This makes it especially useful for medical purposes.
How Do You Use CBD?
There are various different ways to use CBD. All of these methods differ slightly, although they’ll give you the same general effects. You can buy CBD products online safely and legally. Here are some of the most popular types of CBD products.
- CBD Oils – The most popular and common way to use CBD is with CBD Oils or Tinctures. These are liquid products which you apply under the tongue for absorption into the body. You simply apply the drops of oil under your tongue and hold for around 30 seconds to a minute. These will then take effect on your body within around 20 minutes. These offer a quick and convenient way to use CBD.
- CBD Edibles – Another popular way to use CBD is with CBD Edibles. Simply put, these are edible snacks like chocolate bars and candies which contain CBD. All you need to do is eat these to get the effects on your body. They’ll be digested and transferred into your bloodstream where they’ll take effect.
- CBD Topicals – CBD can also come in topical form. This includes products like creams, balms, salves, and even shampoos and bath bombs. Unlike most CBD products, these don’t reach the bloodstream. Instead, they take effect by absorbing into your skin and interacting with cannabinoid receptors in your body. As such, you won’t get the mental effects of CBD, but they can still offer pain relief, physical relaxation, and help clear up skin problems. Transdermal patches are the exception- these will reach the bloodstream in small amounts.
- CBD Capsules – Another simple and convenient way to take CBD is via pills or capsules. All you need to do is swallow these with some water to absorb them into your body. You can take them anywhere and they also work quickly and effectively.
- CBD Vape Cartridges – You can also find vapable CBD products, such as cartridges and oils. You can use these with a vape to heat up and inhale CBD. These also take effect on your body fast, although they’re slightly less convenient as more equipment is needed. CBD Vape Cartridges and Oils come in many different forms and flavors. They make for an enjoyable and effective way to take CBD.
There are many other ways to take CBD. For instance, some people add CBD oils and isolates to drinks or smoke high-CBD cannabis strains. However, these are generally the most common and convenient methods.
Is CBD Legal?
Many consumers wonder about the legal status of CBD due to its relation to cannabis. However, with marijuana in all forms now legal in Canada, you don’t have to worry about buying CBD.
CBD in all forms is legal to buy for adults in Canada. You can also legally buy oils, edibles, and other products with both CBD and THC. You can buy and use as much as you want providing you keep it at home. For public possession limits, check up on Canada marijuana laws.
CBD laws in other parts of the world can be more complicated. For instance, cannabis is still banned in certain parts of the US, although hemp-derived CBD products are legal across the country. However, you won’t have to worry about any legal issues when buying and using CBD in Canada.
Does CBD Get You High?
While both CBD and THC can come from cannabis plants, the effects are different. Unlike THC, CBD has no psychoactive effects. In other words, consuming CBD won’t make you high.
CBD still has some relaxing effects. It helps to relieve pain as well as relaxing you mentally and physically. However, the effects are much subtle and won’t feel like the intoxicating effects of THC.
Since it won’t give you the potent effects of THC, CBD is a much safer and milder treatment. People of all ages can use it for medical purposes without any risk of negative side effects.
Where To Buy CBD
CBD products are very easy to find and buy. You can often find them alongside other cannabis products in marijuana stores and dispensaries. Some health stores have also started to sell hemp CBD products.
The easiest way to get it is to buy CBD online. You can browse through various different products, see full product descriptions and details, and get them sent to your door directly. All products are sent safely and discreetly so you can ensure your products make it to you securely.
Best CBD Products To Buy
With many different kinds of CBD products on offer, you may be spoilt for choice. The type you should buy largely depends on what you need it for and your personal preferences. Some may prefer CBD products with THC to add a recreational kick, whereas some might want simple and effective pure medical products. Here are some of the best CBD products available.
- 1:1 Tincture is a tincture oil containing an equal measure of CBD and THC. This means you’ll get the medical benefits of both cannabinoids, along with a smooth and manageable high from the THC. This is ideal for those who want both recreational and medical effects. Each bottle contains 300mg of both CBD and THC, meaning it can last you a long time and you can get plenty of use out of it.
- Bee’s Knees Bar is a crunchy and tasty chocolate bar containing 300mg of CBD. You can split this up into smaller squares if you only need a low dose of CBD. Alternatively, you can eat it all to get some potent medical effects. This is great for those who want a great-tasting edible medical product.
- Herbivores Banana Blasts are another edible CBD product. These packs contain six candies, each with 25mg of CBD. This makes them very useful and convenient for those who want to take multiple small doses. They also taste like your favorite childhood sweets, making them very enjoyable to use.
- Pure Relief Blended CBD Oil is a CBD tincture oil made with pure CBD isolate. That means there’s no THC and no psychoactive effects. These oils are fantastic if you need pure medical benefits. What’s more, with a 1000mg bottle you can stock up on all the CBD you need for a long time. It’s also available in 500mg and 250mg quantities.
- Pure Relief CBD Caps are great if you need a quick and easy way to get a dose of CBD. All you need to do is swallow one of these capsules with water for the cannabidiol to be absorbed into your body. Each bottle contains 25 capsules containing 10mg of CBD. This offers a convenient way to get the CBD you need in the dosage you need.
- Pure Relief CBD Pain Bar is an easy-to-apply CBD topical. Simply roll the bar onto the area of your body affected by pain or skin problems to get the effects of CBD. It offers analgesic effects along with a cooling sensation. This is ideal for problems such as muscle pains, inflammation, spasms, stiffness, tension, strains, and Arthritis.
- Sunkiss CBD is a high-CBD cannabis strain that’s bred for medical use. While it’ll still give you psychoactive effects from THC, the high levels of CBD give you much more manageable and mellow high. This is great for reducing pain, anxiety, stress, depression, and various other symptoms. If you enjoy smoking weed but want more medical perks, Sunkiss CBD is perfect for you.
There are various other CBD products available to buy which you can see in our online store. All of these products are safe and legal to use and there’s no issue with using more than one together.
Effects of CBD
Since CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, it has many effects on the brain and body. Some of these are more noticeable, while others take effect over time. These are nothing like the psychoactive effects of THC, although you will notice some, such as pain relief.
The most common effects people use CBD for are pain and stress relief. CBD helps reduce inflammation and the sensation of pain in the mind. This makes it useful for various kinds of physical pain and discomfort. It also helps to boost your mood and relax the mind, resulting in reduced anxiety, stress, and depression.
CBD also reduces the risk of certain health issues. It has neuroprotective properties, which means it can help improve memory and brain function for those with brain damage. It also has antibacterial and antioxidant effects, making it useful to counteract skin conditions and improve skin health in general.
Some users may use CBD for general effects such as less physical and mental stress and better sleep. However, its potent medical effects make it particularly useful as a medical treatment for a range of different conditions and symptoms.
How Much CBD Should You Take?
The amount of CBD you should take depends on what you’re using it for. Certain conditions require a high amount of CBD for treatment. For general use, you’ll generally need a much smaller amount.
For general use, 10-25mg of CBD per day is enough. This will offer relief for physical discomfort as well as improving general health and reducing the risk of health problems. The best way to do this is via CBD Tincture or CBD Capsules. These make it easy to get a healthy daily dosage of cannabidiol.
For different conditions and symptoms, the amount of CBD you need to take will vary. Some symptoms can be counteracted with a single high dose of CBD. Others require a small amount of CBD to be taken daily over time.
CBD for Pain
One of the most powerful health benefits of CBD is its ability to treat pain. CBD can dull feelings of pain as well as reducing inflammation and speeding up the healing process in the body. This makes it useful for a variety of different conditions associated with pain.
Various studies show that CBD is highly effective in treating pain. It can help with chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, Arthritis, and consistent back pain. It can also help with general issues such as muscle aches and strains.
A 15-25mg daily dosage is generally best for treating pain. However, this can vary depending on your size and the severity of your symptoms. If you have severe pain symptoms which won’t go away with a low dosage, it doesn’t hurt to increase it. You can do this conveniently with CBD Tincture.
CBD for Anxiety and Depression
Another one of the most common reasons for using CBD is to treat mental stress. Anxiety, depression, and chronic stress plague many adults today. CBD can help lessen all of these symptoms, leading to an improved mood and a better quality of life.
The dosage you need can vary. However, generally, a high dosage is best for instantly counteracting symptoms. A study on generalized social anxiety disorder found that a single dosage of 600mg of CBD was enough to take away symptoms and make people feel more confident and mentally at ease.
Similarly, a 2018 study on using CBD for depression found that a single dosage of 7-30mg of CBD per kg of body weight instantly relieved symptoms. This suggests that high dosages are best for counteracting anxiety and depression. However, you can use small daily dosages to relieve mild symptoms over time. You can buy CBD Tinctures in high quantities to help with these issues.
CBD for Epilepsy
Epilepsy is another condition with which CBD is highly helpful for treatment. Various studies find that using CBD can reduce seizures and improve seizure control. In some cases, it may eliminate seizures altogether. With epilepsy being very difficult to treat, CBD can be a huge help to some patients.
Various studies and trials have been carried out regarding the effects of CBD on epileptic seizures. These generally find that a dosage of 20-25mg of CBD per kg of bodyweight can help reduce seizures significantly.
CBD for Sleep
CBD can also help users improve their sleep. In high quantities, CBD can have sedative effects. However, it can also help relieve many of the symptoms of insomnia. For instance, those who find it hard to sleep due to consistent anxiety or pain can reduce their symptoms with CBD. It can also lower dream recall, helping those who suffer from recurring nightmares or night terrors.
A study tested the effects of CBD on sleep, finding that a high dosage of 160mg made it easier for users to sleep. Lower dosages of 40 or 80mg of CBD can also be helpful in reducing symptoms and getting a deeper sleep.
While CBD is helpful for sleep, THC is much more effective for sedative effects. Those who need to treat insomnia or other sleep disorders may benefit most from a 1:1 Tincture. These tincture oils give you the effects of both CBD and THC, making it much easier to relax and get a deep sleep.
CBD for Skin Conditions
You can also use CBD to help with skin conditions. Thanks to the antibacterial and antioxidant properties of CBD, it can help your skin in many ways. CBD can contribute to healing cuts and bruises. It also helps clear up skin conditions like dermatitis and even acne. It can also give you healthier and more youthful looking skin in general.
Various studies show that CBD in all forms can help your skin health. The American Academy of Dermatology also vouches that CBD is useful for treating skin conditions, clearing up acne, and giving users more youthful looking skin.
Tinctures and topicals can be particularly effective in helping with skin health. Topical products can be applied directly to the skin, while tinctures give you the benefits of CBD all over your body.
Negative Effects of CBD
Before you start any kind of treatment, it’s important to know the drawbacks and health risks. However, despite how effective CBD can be for numerous health conditions, side effects are extremely minimal.
Some users may suffer from dizziness and nausea from high amounts of CBD. However, most studies find that there are no harmful health effects from using CBD. Especially when used in moderate doses, the effects of CBD on the body are extremely positive.
CBD is also non-addictive. You won’t develop a physical dependence or any withdrawal symptoms. It’s also impossible to overdose on CBD, making it safe to use in all dosages. This makes it a very safe drug to use, especially in comparison to other treatments such as prescription drugs which often have harmful side effects.
CBD or THC: Which Should You Use?
Since both CBD and THC are closely related and carry many of the same health benefits, some users have a hard time choosing between them.
If you enjoy the recreational effects of cannabis then THC products will suit you. These give you the psychoactive effects such as mental stimulation, heightened senses, and a relaxing body buzz. There are various cannabis strains and products such as THC oils to give you these effects.
THC also offers similar benefits to CBD, such as relief for pain and reducing stress and anxiety. However, if you want medical effects without getting high, then CBD products are preferable. These are safe to use for anyone with no intoxicating side effects.
You can also use products with both CBD and THC, such as 1:1 tincture oils. Using both in unison can often offer the best health effects while also offering a mild high.
CBD is a powerful health supplement and medical treatment. Whether you want the general effects of stress relief or better sleep or you need to treat a serious illness, CBD can help. It’s available in many forms and CBD products are widely available to buy in stores and online.